PFAS Part 2: Scoping Strategies for Phase IIs
In Part 1 of our PFAS Due Diligence Scoping series in December, experts discussed the key technical and legal issues for EPs and Users when considering whether to include PFAS in their Phase I ESA scope of work per ASTM E1527-21. In Part 2, panelists take the discussion a step further and give attendees practical guidance on what to consider if the Phase I ESA identifies a likely PFAS condition.
Watch the on-demand webinar to hear from an experienced EP and attorney as they share timely advice on Phase II investigation strategies and how to address possible outcomes, including:
- Evaluating Phase I ESA findings and conclusions: what triggers a Phase II? Are any sites “automatic Phase IIs”?
- What kind of PFAS tests are available? And how low should we go with limits of detection?
- Are the methods and costs similar to investigations of more common chemicals?
- How do disclosure rules impact decisions?
- Are legal protections and cleanup funds available for PFAS?
- How conclusive are the results and what do you do if PFAS are detected?
- How is the presence of PFAS impacting commercial real estate transactions?
Our subject-matter experts and panelists:
– Alan Agadoni, SVP EDR Solutions, LightBox
– Jonathan Kitchen, Principal, Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.
– Ned Witte, Attorney Shareholder, Godfrey & Kahn, S.C.
March 1, 2023